The mission of Berry Patch Early Learning Center is to provide developmentally appropriate, quality child care benefiting the child, the parent, the staff, and the community through compassionate methods.
Our curriculum is designed to foster the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical needs of the children we serve. We believe that young children need to be actively involved in learning through play. Furthermore, they must have opportunities to explore, experience, and succeed. These ideals are taught based on widely accepted learning and teaching theories of child growth and development.
Berry Patch Early Learning Center provides opportunities for children:
- to develop a valid sense of self. They are encouraged to try, think, and act with increasing independence
- to build physical strength, coordination and motor skills
- to develop sound eating, resting and toileting habits
- to establish a foundation for good health, hygiene and safety habits
- to learn to respond to people comfortably and happily
- to learn to express emotions constructively
- to imagine and to express ideas and feelings creatively through music, movement, dramatic play, art and language
- to understand and appreciate diverse natural, cultural and social environments
- to explore concepts and develop intellectual curiosity
- to persevere in the face of difficulty, to concentrate, and become immersed in activities
Berry Patch Early Learning Center provides opportunities for parents:
- to secure competent care for their child while they pursue careers or other interests
- to meet other parents and teachers concerned with the interests and the needs of children
- to enhance their understanding and appreciation of their children
- to gain knowledge about child rearing.