Our curriculum is designed to foster the social, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, and physical needs of the child(ren) we serve.
We believe that young children need to be actively involved in learning through play, with opportunities to explore, experience, and succeed, as well as on widely accepted learning/education theories
and principles of child growth and development. At Berry Patch we welcome and appreciate diversity and welcome individuals of all
abilities to our program. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Berry Patch Early Learning Center LLC is a year-round program, based on a first come, first served basis, for children of
ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age, with wrap-around care for elementary school-age students.
Want to know more about our business and the services we offer? Use our website to get detailed information about us and meet our dedicated staff members. We're looking forward to working with
Berry Patch Early Learning Center provides opportunities for the community:
- to help meet the needs for quality early childhood education facilities
- to provide employment opportunities
- to contribute to the wholesome growth and development of its children
- to provide cooperative learning opportunities to students pursuing a career in early childhood education
- to develop a nurturing connection between area senior citizens with their vocational skills and the Center’s children to establish a multi-generational
sense of community in Hampstead
- to provide services to all children regardless of economic background
Berry Patch Early Learning Center provides opportunities for staff:
- to work with children in a developmentally appropriate setting
- to continue their professional development
- to enjoy the camaraderie of other early childhood educators
- to earn a competitive wage.
Berry Patch Early Learning Center provides opportunities for children:
- to develop a valid sense of self. They are encouraged to try, think, and act with increasing independence and be successful
- to build physical strength, coordination and motor skills
- to develop sound eating, resting and toileting habits
- to establish a foundation for good health, hygiene and safety habits
- to learn to respond to people comfortably and happily
- to learn to express emotions constructively
- to imagine and to express ideas and feelings creatively through music, movement, dramatic play, art and language
- to understand and appreciate diverse natural, cultural and social environments
- to explore concepts and develop intellectual curiosity
- to persevere in the face of difficulty, to concentrate, and become immersed in activities
- Berry Patch Early Learning Center provides opportunities for parents:
- to secure competent care for their child while they pursue careers or other interests
- to meet other parents and teachers concerned with the interests and the needs of children
- to enhance their understanding and appreciation of their children
- to gain knowledge about child rearing.
Berry Patch is well equipped for and welcomes children who may have special physical
and mental needs. There are ramps in the front and back of the building for easy access for persons requiring special means of mobility. Berry Patch has a positive working relationship with several
programs such as Carroll County Infants and Toddlers program, PERKS behavioral services, CCPS special education services, OT, PT, SP. We will do anything in our ability to meet the needs of any child
that requires special physical or mental needs.